In addition to a full range of standard products, Pyroplex® provide a custom design and manufacturing service, precisely engineered to meet the needs of individual concepts. Our Technical Department can advise on appropriate types of testing for various configurations and the use of our onsite test furnace for indicative tests, prior to full scale testing at accredited test houses.
Pyroplex are experts in the extrusion of intumescent seals covering single extrusion, co-extrusion, and triplex extrusion with a wide range of in-line finishing options All seals are manufactured by Pyroplex Limited at our UK factories in Droitwich. Our site covers a 30,000m² area and includes our own on-site indicative testing furnace.
We have an extensive range of ‘down-stream’ production equipment for:
- Smoke seal insertion
- Adhesion of thermally fused flippers
- Self-adhesive tape backing
Pyroplex intumescent is a unique formulation exclusively for the Pyroplex range of products.
- Exhibits high-pressure force during expansion
- Exhibits a typical expansion ratio of 25:1 by volume for perimeter applications
- Exhibits a typical expansion ratio of 10:1 by volume for glazing applications
- Not affected by humidity or immersion in water
- Non-toxic and non-fibrous (dust free)
- Non-flaking and difficult to tear
- Intumescent material is black in colour